K.

From: Lori Bertolucci <loribertolucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, until I started doing my own when I took him barefoot, I had all kinds of problems. Now I can't do the main trimming of his hooves, due to a bad elbow, but my farrier is a great barefoot trimmer, and we work together at keeping all our horses hooves in shape.
One thing I really noticed after getting Gambler's hooves right was his trot. Before, it was short and choppy..ride that for 50 miles!  lol   Now it is stretched out and he covers ground nicely.

Kathy Mayeda <kathy.mayeda@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, I guess a common problem with this conformation, is the farrier who tries to lessen the angle and just dubs the toes back.  Creates a dip in the front of the hoof.  I bet you've had that too!

K.

I guess what I should have said was, don't try to make the hoof look like a normal hoof.