Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] more cowhocked - Genevieve

Hm, then I guess my horse was actually helping his situation by standing the way he was because his club foot was definitely the one he put forward.

On Jan 18, 2008 7:53 AM, Karen Standefer < kstandefer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The leg they put forward when grazing is normally the low foot, not the club foot.  Putting it forward should actually help to keep the heel down a bit because it is bearing more weight than the one that is held back behind (which is non-weight-bearing in that posture).

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Genevieve
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:44 PM

To: D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson
Cc: Crickett MacMillan; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] more cowhocked

Hm. I had an Arab who was Bey Shah and double Bask bred and had a club foot. The lady who bought him from me said that club feet are common with those bloodlines as well. However, I think it was because he had a bowed tendon on the other leg and he tended to graze with that leg back to keep the strain off of it, thus making the leg that he put forward develop a club foot.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

--
Genevieve