RE: [RC] Misquoting - Ginger Bill

Actually, you are both right, however, you do have to pay BLM or Forest Service, whomever you are being permitted from, so much per cow, cow/calf or bull each and every year. Also, when you sell your ranch the new owner has the opportunity to pick up the permit as well. The rancher will take a count of the cattle and, believe me, so do the "said" agencies and you will pay accordingly. Ginger

From: Trailrite@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:15:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [RC] Misquoting
To: bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Barbara, BLM Permits or rights can or used come with the ranch you buy or you can buy it from some other rancher.  I think new permits or rights are closed, or so it was back about 15 - 20 years ago.  If you bought a ranch and the BLM rights were sold off to someone else for their ranch then you were out of luck for BLM grazing rights for your cattle. Most of the state of Idaho, do not have wild horses, or they didn't back then.  Natural water ways are abundant there, but not safe for cattle access nor do the BLM folks want cattle pooping in streams and natural lakes provided by nature.  If that happens then we as lower ranchers have liver parasite problems with the other animals and folks swimming down streams.  Now that is another subject!

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390