Re: [RC] Extended trot - DONNA MARIE WINTERS

I  would hope that at an extended trot in 3rd Level Dressage you would be sitting?  At least if you were riding a test. No?
donna and Belesemo Bud

Chipnml@xxxxxxx wrote:
When Cheers was in his prime and doing a truly effortless 16 mph trot, I had to shorten my stirrups because he threw me so high out of the saddle my knees bent backwards.  I also noticed that when I posted, I was in the air longer than I was sitting.  In other words, when he trotted normally, it was a very rythmic UP-DOWN-UP-DOWN.  But when he got into his mega-trot, it was more like UUUUP-DOWNUUUUP-DOWNUUUUP.  Does that make sense?  I used to have a horse that did 3rd level dressage, and even when he extended, I never posted like that.  Cheers didn't have the best conformation...high croup and straight stifles, and I'm sure the pizazz he put into his trot led to his arthritic hocks, but that was how he went.  We used to call him the Tina Turner horse because he never did anything nice....and easy!