[RC] Qld Junior State Champion - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Anyone that had the pleasure of meeting Leila when she was in CA from Australia will probably not be surprised that she has made these accomplishments.  A huge Congratulations to Leila!!!   Please feel free to email Leila through her Mom and offer your kudos!  One way that we can help to support not only juniors, here in the US, but all over the world!

D'Arcy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kim Callander <miss.kimi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 3:06 PM
Subject: RE: sorry its been tooo long
To: D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson <cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi D'Arcy,
Well we have just recovered from the Queensland state champs...it takes some to get over the big events of 100 miles!!
I woke Leila up at midnite so that she could start at 1am...that is the hardest part.
So they/she started at 1am and was back at base camp at about 4 am after the first leg...she had 1 junior rider who was about 20mins in front of her, and the other closest junior didnot make it thru the vetting..they had a 40min hold time and then out again, so by the end of the 2nd leg leila was 3 mins in front of the other junior (Jade) this event was over 6 legs and by the finish leila was about 1 hour in front of jade, and so she won the race with a ride time of 11 hours and 9 mins...and she came in 4th over the line just 15mins behind the winners. So this means she is the Qld state champion junior endurance rider, 3 years in a row and on 3 different horses and they all got the best conditioned award.  Im a proud mum!!!
We find that horses get better the more you ride them on consecutive days...esp with the eating and drinking they learn to relax.  We have marathon rides here that are over 5 days and at the end of the event the horses get better and the humans are suffering,  anyway
I must rush off to work now but we will stay in touch and you try to stay out of the smoke...
Cheers........KIM