[RC] Our land - Terry Banister

            Oh, yeah--don't ride on it either, then--after all, it's "our" land, and we need to kick everybody off of it, according to you.

Huh??? Where did you pull that from?   Riding on "our" land is what we should be able to do! Why do you ride endurance, if not for the wild erness experience?

Terry

From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ebeyrider@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: carrie.kitley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] Fwd: Stop Plan to Kill America's Wild Horses
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:20:30 -0700

Guess what.  Ranchers and loggers and people who use their products are owners of the land, too.  And we vote!  The "private gains" are just honest folks making and honest living--and I for one don't have a bit of problem with that.  Go ahead and let it "go wild" if you want--but please don't drive your car, or live in a house with any wood products in it, or use toilet paper, or use highways or sidewalks made with gravel products (those are mined, in case you hadn't noticed), or use your computer (full of all sorts of metals that come from mining on public lands) or read books or newspapers (more forest products), or use cosmetics (beef biproducts) or....   Well, you get the picture.

Yes, it's "our" land--and thank goodness it is managed wisely so that people who are willing to make an honest living can utilize it to provide "our" life in this country.

Oh, yeah--don't ride on it either, then--after all, it's "our" land, and we need to kick everybody off of it, according to you.

Heidi

It's OUR land. If we don't want it exploited, then WE THE PEOPLE WHO OWN IT should vote that way. If the U.S. citizenship does not want the land used for private gains, we should have the right to let it go "wild" and have all the wolves, mtn. lions and feral animals take over. It's OUR land.
If the general public does not care what is done with "our" land, then we will let the government sell millions of acres of pristine, untouched wilderness to private oil companies for their profit (and little relief to the U.S. oil costs). Oh, gee, guess what - it's too late!