[RC] Horses and a Joy-Filled heart - Ranelle Rubin

http://www.kodakgallery.com/MyGallery.jsp?UAUTOLOGIN_ID=42651214514&UV=469778385409_59963152614

My boys are two glorious sons of the immortal DR Thunder Bask. If you don't know who he was, look up his AERC record. It speaks for itself.

Fellow: Age 9 (the grey in the pictures)

The ultimate gentleman, has really come into his own. He and I are ONE on the trail. He talks to me, literally ARGUES  with me..vocally...has this way of drawing air across his throat that is different than I have ever heard a horse do..it is a serious of little squeaks. He did this on day two of a Duck ride when he just knew we had to make a turn we had made the day before...only there was NO FOOD there...I kept trying to tell him! The lunch stop had been that direction the day before! I truly believe he just thinks an endurance ride is nothing but a buffet with a few miles between each course. When I walk out the door on the side of the house where his pasture is, he will come charging up to the top of the hill....just whinnying....I love it!

Ranger: Age 5 (the bay in the picture)

What can I say...my little boy..Fellow's younger brother... He came to me on a fluke..lucky I was able to quickly sell a mare I had sort of rescued to buy him. I swear this horse was meant to be my "retirement" horse. I rode him today..longest ride yet..trotted quite a bit as we were on nice soft footing with level ground...what an efficient trot this little boy has. He is still in that "just wait, mom, I will grow up!" phase..and he lets me know when his attention span is all used up. He is very vocal...especially today under saddle...it was a bit unnerving as we were out in the middle of a huge hay field with no other horses around...and he was calling "someone"....?? The cowboy I rode with today was quite impressed with him as it was trail day #6. He asked me if he was for sale...NOT!

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx