From: "heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Angie Fura <tracetribute@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 2:52:47 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Trot vs Canter

While endurance horses do indeed sometimes get into the extension and suspension, the difference between most endurance horses and the video you supplied is that ability to round (which does increase the ability to suspend).  That's what most endurance horses lack at the extended trot.  Nonetheless, when a horse is traveling 15-18 mph at the trot (which a few can!), there is considerable extension and suspension....  So, while they may not execute the gait "correctly" I'd still call it an extended trot....

Heidi