Re: [RC] Sundowner axles? - marshall Bates

My 94 3horse gooseneck had a axle failure after about 200k miles (a lot of them on not the best of roads) in 2001.  The failure was in the torsion bar suspension. I was able to get new axles from sundowner with no problem and had a welder install them with no further problems.

If brakes are burning out to fast I suspect that your brake controller is set wrong or perhaps you are using your brakes rather than letting your engine slow you down.

As far as the bent axles- are you sure the new one was properly aligned when it was installed?

Marsh the muleman.