RE: [RC] Who rides english saddles ? - David LeBlanc

Diana asked:

>BUT even with the stirrups in the furthest back position , I cant   get my legs under me.

I’ve recently ridden in a few English style saddles that put your legs in the right position – Sommer saddles are nicely made, Reactor Panel saddles are also quite nice (and you can adjust for this sort of thing), had one for years, and recently tried a Strada, and it also positions you correctly.

Something you may want to try that we recently learned about is that if the saddle fits the horse absolutely correctly, the stirrup bars should be parallel to the ground. If it is off, it will throw your stirrups off in one direction or the other. Could be that all you need is shims to bring the saddle into the proper position.

Boy, do I hate the Quest For The Perfect Saddle! Soon as you get one that works, something changes, and you’re back at it again…. Augh.