Re: [RC] [RC] Not steep in the shoulder (was: Conformation Opinion) - Kathy Mayeda

I agree with you Kat on both points.  I wasn't too alarmed about steepness of shoulder in the photo because it may look a lot different without her head being way up.   Beau has a real laid back shoulder, he doesn't come well naturally underneath himself, but I think it really contributes to his incredible ground eating smooth trot.

Drako has a laid back shoulder too, but he has a more sloped hip angle and a shorter back which makes him move with a lot of suspension.  Scares the cxxx out of me because I feel the power underneath me, but I know that he's definitely more correct.  He moves like a mini-warmbood.

K.