Re: [RC] OLD HORSES - Michael Lewis

My boy, Nafal, is still that way despite his swayed back.  I will waste no time taking him out for an easy ride as soon as I return home from Iraq.  At 28, he still likes to explore, but we go gently.  I am confident that if I were to race him again he would be pulling me out of the saddle the whole time... just like in the good 'ol days.

Mike
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:57 PM
Subject: [RC] OLD HORSES

My matriarch was humanely destroyed at 32.5 years of age last September, after a fracture in the bone holding the femur in place.  Until the moment of the accident (stepping in a hole), she was full of vim and vigor.  She LOVED to canter and gallop and "whoa" was the cue I was never successful in teaching her........

She always told me: "when you climb on, sit deep and shut up and let me have fun".

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082