[RC] Anyone use gaiters? - sherman

http://www.dirtygirlgaiters.com/ Check out this website. I do wear gaiters, can’t stand the extra bulk and heat of half-chaps. Mine are similar to the ones you are looking at and I wear them on 50s and the one 100 that I’ve done. I don’t even feel them on me, probably because of the tights. If you were to weat them without some other fabric between you and them and run a marathon, maybe you’d get sore, or if they were too tight?

Kathy

I can't wear half chaps because they hurt my calves, but without them I get a lot of sand in my shoes from running alongside. I LOVE my brand of riding tights but they're not made in a jod. So, I'm looking into gaiters such as this: http://tinyurl.com/6rodhr.

One of the feedback comments on this site indicates soreness and bleeding after running for 5 hours in the rain... I'm wondering what riding 12 hours in them would feel like. Can anyone provide feedback on this or any other type of gaiter? It needs to be LOW so it won't cause the same problem as half chaps.

Thanks,
Sharon L. in Maine