[RC] Fwd: [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6045 First 50 - Chipnml

--- Begin Message ---
I think trotting and cantering depends on your horse.  When I rode Cheers I did about 90% trotting....he would not walk, and his canter was like a runaway train.  After 30 or 40 miles, he actually would do a nice canter, but he was a very strong trotter.  His big trot was aroun 16-18 mph, and he could sustain that for a long time.  Now I'm riding Dezi, who has a comparatively small trot, but will alternate between trot and a beautiful relaxed lope.

On another note...as far as when to start LD's and 50's, I really like when they all start at the same time.  That gets the hotfoot LDers off the butts of those who are riding slower...whether LD or 50.

Chip

--- End Message ---