[RC] Tevis cancellation and Swanton Pacific - Barbara McCrary

I was saddened to hear that Tevis is cancelled.  I know there are a lot of disappointed riders all over the world.  This has been the most bizarre and deadly fire season we can remember, primarily because it started in May, rather than the typical August-October.
Lud is very nervous about fire since he was only 20 when we had the last big fire in Swanton.  It was really bad then...they fought it for 3 weeks, neighbors and CDF alike.  No homes lost, however.  Now there are many more homes than there were then.
There is room for riders who are unable to do Tevis.  We do not anticipate cancellation because of fire, but we must all be ready...in case the State Park system shuts down Big Basin Park.  I will keep everyone posted via Ridecamp and the "grapevine".  So far, so good.  Three fires in Santa Cruz County so far, all out now and none in the immediate locale of our ride.
Please plan on coming unless you hear otherwise.  I would say our limit for available camping is about 200 riders.  And of course, we will tear up checks if we are forced to cancel.

Barbara McCrary
Ride Mgr., Swanton Pacific 75/100
"The Most Beautiful Trail in the World"