[RC] first time riders becoming 2nd time riders - Tx Trigger

Our NATRC region has a first time rider fund, that after a rider does his or her first ride, they get a certificate for another ride in the region, for I believe 1/2 off of the entry, to encourage them to come back again, and do another ride. This is something our region has come up with, not on a national basis, and we get the funding from one of the rides that donates in to the fund, and by private individuals I think. (a tad unclear on exact details) But the point is, we look to get riders back that second time. Many riders try distance riding as a whim, and may not be really serious about taking the sport up. Thus, we see many riders who do one ride, and that is it.

A ride manager can indeed, offer 1/2 off or some other discount to first time riders, but they will either have to go one the honor system, or look up each riders name in the data base, to see if they are listed from a previous ride. But it is the ride managers choice what to charge.  Personally, I would like to see a tax for riders who whine and complain too much to management <wink>

Jonni