RE: [RC] OK Here You go..aka.. Mid Summer Nights Madness - Paul

In addition to what Katrina said, this ride is a great Tevis or Old Dominion prep for those in the middle part of the country who thinking about either of those rides next year.  Other easy 100's may have you do some night riding, but the OD and Tevis will keep most of us out there in the dark for a long long time.. MSNM helped me develop the confidence and gave me the practice to ride in the dark on rocky hills amongst the trees.  Yes, Oklahoma has hills, trees and rocks... at least where the ride is held.

The time to find out that you have nausea issues when riding in the dark for a long time at a fast pace is not at 1:00 AM someplace near the West Virginia border or about 5 miles from Franciscos on the California Loop.

This ride will usually also give you a chance to see how you and your horse deal with high temperatures. Hey, It is Oklahoma in August.. Don't bring any heavy coats or sweaters.You won't need them.

Paul N. Sidio
Piper
Spokane MO