[RC] The fires - Renie

it's about 10:15PM Tues. night;  Whiskeytown is on fire, as well as surrounding areas.   I am about 25 miles away and can see the fires creeping down the hills towards the foothills on Redding's west side.  Kanaka(the BIG climb) is burning, so our Whiskeytown trails will sure look different at next years ride.  The small towns, Igo and Ono are under evacuation orders, and I hope the folks out there are ok.  I know at least one endurance rider out there, Kris Wright.  Don't know when these fires will be under control;  the winds were strong today and very hot, tomorrow they are predicting 115 degrees.  We are all literally holding our breath.  We won't  be riding tomorrow, smoke is heavy and it's HOT!!  renie