[RC] Tevis and Bandit Springs - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

I’ve been getting quite a few calls about Bandit Springs because of the fires threatening Tevis at this time.  We hope sincerely that Tevis will be able to continue this year but in case it does not and you are interested in doing a western ride, Bandit Springs is offering a 100.  Here are some details:

1)       You DO NOT have to pre-register.  Just show up at ride camp and we’ll take care of you.

2)       We will have a full moon – just like Tevis

3)       It is a challenging 100…not like Tevis is but we do have about the same amount of altitude change but more rise than Tevis.

4)       Water sets are put out and there’s lot of natural water on the trails.  Last year we averaged water every 3.5 miles with the longest stretch w/o water being about 6 miles.

5)       We had a completion rate of 70% last year with a field of 10.  The lowest completion rate was 68% in 1995 and there have been years where 100% complete.  The average completion rate is 81%.

6)       The ride is 17 years old.

7)       The field has had as few as 2 (2003) and as many as 26 (1992).

8)       Fastest time last year was 15:32 and last rider was in at 20 hours.  However, some years, the slowest time was 14 hours or so.  And the fastest times have been about 11 hours.

9)       Ride camp is at about 5000 ft.  It can be hot and humid or comfortable during the day.  The nights are cool to cold.  It is easily accessible for larger rigs but to get the best spot for your rig, come early.

10)   There is no cell service.

11)   Porta potties and horse water is provided.

12)   There will be a small food vendor.

13)   There will be updates VERY soon on our website:  www.banditsprings.com

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to share this with anyone.

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499