[RC] LD and Placings now awards & expenses? - Trailrite

I'm missing something here. Joe, Are you saying that LD riders are getting half the product meaning half of the trail use or half the prize?  I find with some of my rides like the Git-R-Done rides that I have to have an extra Vet just to be back at base camp in time for the LD - finishers & BC judging.  I can't have my ride back up with regular services of the continued riders so that is an extra expense for me just having an LD distance.  Then I need an extra Volunteer for handing out completion awards for those "I need to go home now, LD riders"....   Other than that, all of the other fees are the same costs as any other rider.  My Git-R-Done ride is a 25, 50, 75, 100 mile elevator and FEI ride 2 times a year. I charge the same price for the 25 & 50's then the same price for the 75 & 100's and all get the same completion award.  The other awards are a little more fancier as the distance increases like the BC award, etc..

The Git-R-Done rides are now Michele Roush's as the RM, and I'm not sure how she'll be handling it from now on.

After being a RM for around 10 years now, I find you'll never make all riders happy, no matter how hard you try.  The ones that are unhappy make a mark in your memory forever, because that is their intention.  The ones that are happy are their at your ride no matter how bad the weather is or if someone took down some markings, etc.....these are just great people.  This includes my Volunteers, every year they come back, no matter how windy, hot, late, cold, bad attitude riders, etc.  They are our backbone of this sport!!!

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Products
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390