RE: [RC] new topic: smoke - Ginger Bill

I live in the Susanville area, Northern California, and we have been able to ride everyday and also horse camp. Every once in awhile the smoke comes in in the evening with a wind and, of course, we whine, but the day is over and the next day it's bright and sunny again. Guess you could say that we are fortunate. Thanks for asking. Ginger

From: mspooh17@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] new topic: smoke
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 11:38:37 -0700

Hey all you californians...just wanted to create a survey on the smoke situation within our state.

Currently smokey in Auburn again, although looks like it might be a little thinner layer then yesterday.

The 4th of July was perfect though!  80s, a light breeze, blue sky and I could see all the way to the sierras for the first time. Then, around 3am the next morning (I was up watching the Jaws movie marathon!) it smelled smokey again.

So, how is it in all the other areas?  Placerville? Cool? Bay Area? and south??

How about to the west?

Also, since not good to have horses out exercising in this stuff I am wondering what others are doing themselves besides working of course...

Thought a new topic was in order. Don't know if we've even had this one before.

cheers everybody,
kathie

It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk. Check out the i’m Talkathon.