Re: [RC] LD riders whining - Barbara McCrary

Because I am your parent, that's why!  Because I am older than you and wiser, that's why.  I don't care what Uncle David does and allows his kids to do, I'm not your Uncle David and I won't allow you to put yourself in danger, that's why.   Yessss!

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
From: Don Huston
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] LD riders whining

Hello Paddi,

Thank you for that parental attitude, if you are not a mom you would be a good one. This LD thing reminds me of all the times I had to tell my kids to NOT do something, like NOT play ball in the street (race LD), and then they would whine WHY. I would explain that it was dangerous (for the horse).... more whine...WHY? Because you are a little kid (inexperienced around cars) and might not see the car (impending colic, cramping etc) and get (the horse) hurt......more whine....I don't care, lots of kids including uncle David play ball in the street (race LD) all the time and never get hurt. If uncle David wants to play ball in the street (race LD) then he can go to the streets where he lives (be the RM) but you are not allowed to play ball in the street here (explain, accept, ignore and carry on).

Don Huston