Re: [RC] horse back pain - Lynne Glazer

Yep, I'd go straight to the feet, first.

Let's see some body and feet photos!  Especially if we can see whether there are medial-lateral imbalances.  And how he's muscled up will show how he's been carrying himself.

Lynne

On Jul 5, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Karen Standefer wrote:

And, one should probably go further down and check the hooves!  Lots of times hock pain is also a symptom.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rides2far@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:29 AM
To: dmartin1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] horse back pain

Did they check his hocks? My horse is having the same problem right now, pain in the lumbar sacral (sp?) joint area. A knowledgable friend told me, "lower back pain isn't the problem, it's a symptom. My guess is hock or stifle"  Well, turned out my horse got kicked HARD right on the stifle (zig zag cut to prove perfect aim) a week before his last competition.

I had two other friends whose horses had bad back pain. After having hocks injected and tens unit work to loosen up back they were much better and competed again for a time.

Angie