Re: [RC] [RC] LD - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Bruce and Truman have both made some very good points.   What this all means to me, as an endurance newbie, the two schools of thought will more than likely never meet.  Therefore, what will happen?  Those that can will and those that can't won't!  A manageable transition will happen.  As more and more baby boomers retire and come into the sport (as predicted by Equus and Horse & Rider magazines surveys and studies) the demands that LD riders expect will be met.  How??  They will form their own organization and take their money with them.  That is how they have been throughout their professional careers and I don't see it being any different in their retirement years.  So, it would seem to me, the prudent thing to do would be to work with it and not fight it!  Otherwise, we may find it hard to fill our 50 and 100 mile races!  Furthermore, it would seem to me, that is WHY, many ride managers have added LD's.  Also, don't forget, political pull and power has never been lost on the baby boomer generation.

JMHO!

D'Arcy