Re: [RC] [RC] FW: Gold Country Ride cancelled--an explanation why - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Oh, Cheryl, I don't think that anyone questions the integrity of your decision making process.  Anyone, living in the State of California, right now, should not be surprised with your decision.  Honestly, I would not be surprised that the park and forest service appreciates ride management for canceling rides.  Helps to lessen the worry of evacuation, in areas that are troubled by fires or potential problems.  I was over in Lake Tahoe Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Coming back over the hill Wednesday my throat and eyes were getting sore.  I was actually contemplating going back over to Tahoe for a couple of more days but had to get home to the ranch.  So, I know how bad the air quality was and still is.  There is no rhytm or reason to the wind directions.  And to be honest it was not a surprise that the ride was canceled.  I was surprised that you waited as long as you did.  As a member of Gold Country Club I appreciate all that you have done and have continued to do for the club, it's members, and for riders.  So, please, don't worry and don't feel that you have to justify your position.  It is what we would have expected give the circumstances.  Hope to see you tonight at the BBQ.

D'Arcy