RE: [RC] Cronin Ranch - Lonnie Ruesch

If you contact the national BCH ofc., they will be very helpful in letting you know your closest chapter.  When we started ours, we actually had some folks from Calif. come here to So. Utah to talk to us and help us get started.  It all happened in my friends living room, with only about 6 or 7 of us present.  Now we work in, and work with, the desert preserve, a national forest, a national park, our state park, and have even been asked to "star" in two videos used at the parks - one a historical film about the area and the other about trail etiquette between trail users, i.e., hikers, mt. bikers, horses.  Some of the area are "wilderness" so we have packed in hand saws, posts, cement, etc. on horse back.  One of our original members who was one of the most active in working w/these groups recently passed away, and they let us put up a commemorative plaque at some hitching posts located in the preserve.  And the forest ranger we originally worked w/has since retired and joined our group.  We even participate in local parades and set up booths at the county fair to recruit members and inform the public about using our local trails.

Lonnie

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.