[RC] Endorphine Junkies - sherman

Riding the last 15 miles of Tevis trail today with a first time entrant, I was trying to explain that feeling that takes over, keeps you very awake & excited, it’s very surreal, too….yep, life felt really, really good. It wasn’t so good the year before when I had to hand walk my horse for 7 miles in the mountains to get him to a trailer (:<( If that happens again (NO! please, don’t let that happen again), should I run a bit to get the endorphins released and then I’d feel good about it?

Kathy

Well put, Kat...it *is* more like a runner's high.  I used to run (when I had knees that worked <G>) and it is more like that feeling one gets after running a number of miles and then feeling like one can keep running forever.  It's truly a "high."  Senses are heightened, and life just feels good.

Dawn Carrie, Texas