[RC] Rules for competitive trail rides - Cindy - Sharon Hahn

Cindy Stafford asked where she can find rules for competitive trail rides.  It would depend on the sanctioning body.  Some competitive rides are NATRC.  In the Upper Midwest where I live, they are generally sanctioned by UMECRA, which operates under completely different rules from NATRC.  An AHA ride will be different still.  So find out which organization sanctions the competitive rides in your area, and then check that organization's website or ask a ride manager where you can find the rules.  Another good way to learn is to volunteer at a ride as a vet secretary so you learn how to fill out the scoresheets and what all the scores mean.

My understanding is that NATRC has a horsemanship component to judging, while UMECRA and AHA rides score only on the physical toll the ride takes on your horse (scoring based on time, pulse, respiration, soreness, galls, etc.).

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses