[RC] trail manners? - sherman

“Fun game of leapfrog!”  Most likely, they just have different ride strategy than you do and are riding their own ride (:>) or maybe they want to consistently go faster but there horse will only cooperate as long as there’s a rider ahead…you. Then once they pass you, the horse is reluctant to keep pushing on, so sort of waits for you to catch up? I know on rides, I have a tendency to go slower up big hills than most, but when it levels out or is a slight downgrade we move out and pass the riders that passed us on the hills. When we pass, I usually say hi again, probably see you down the trail soon.

Kathy

Okay, this is my personal pet peeve....when someone comes roaring up behind you, you pull aside to let them pass, then a quarter mile further on they're walking, and you pass them, then a few minutes later the whole scenario is repeated.? What is the polite thing to say to this person????

?

Chip