[RC] Rules question?? - sherman

I know several riders who leave after vetting at local rides, then just go back for ride start. While it’s better for you and easier on the horse sometimes to do this, it doesn’t teach the horse to camp. So you have to weight the pros and cons and decide what’s best for you and your horse.  I just hope they don’t need to cancel this ride due to fire conditions.

Kathy

Lynelle wrote:

I looked through the aerc rules hand book and did find a reference to my question. So, I thought I would as the experts. I live about 17miles from the next ride. "Gold country 30/50 July 5th Georgetown. After you vet in with your horse do you have to stay? I hate camping and would rather sleep in my own bed. I would arrive with my horse tacked up say 30 min before the departure time. Is that allowed? There are several rides in both Placer and El Dorado counties that are a very short drive it seems senseless to have to spend the night if you do not have to.