Re: [RC] Rules question?? - Barbara McCrary

As far as I know, you only have to be present at the starting time.  That does not mean you have to be at the starting line, but in camp and be ready to leave, I'd say, no more than 15 minutes after the thundering herd has left.  If your horse has been vetted through, I don't see any reason you couldn't go home and come back the next morning an hour or 1/2 hour before the start.  A very few of our riders aren't able to come until the middle of the night, so we allow them to vet in the morning of the ride (we have such kind vets) and then they're good to go.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 3:55 PM
Subject: [RC] Rules question??

I looked through the aerc rules hand book and did find a reference to my question. So, I thought I would as the experts. I live about 17miles from the next ride. "Gold country 30/50 July 5th Georgetown. After you vet in with your horse do you have to stay? I hate camping and would rather sleep in my own bed. I would arrive with my horse tacked up say 30 min before the departure time. Is that allowed? There are several rides in both Placer and El Dorado counties that are a very short drive it seems senseless to have to spend the night if you do not have to.