Re: [RC] [RC] FW: Fireworks as a begginer ride - SandyDSA

In a message dated 6/26/2008 9:29:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, rhndlev@xxxxxxx writes:
Sometimes people just need to be told nicely (before you get so mad you end up yelling at them).  I have really appreciated the times that people have just said, "hey, it works better for all of the horses involved if you just do X, or don't do Y."
that's correct - and in addition, when faced with such a situation, would it also not be better for all if one thought about the more conservatively courteous thing to do? For example, if I come to a water trough and no one is actively drinking, I might just query "is anyone going to drink or may I water MY horse?" In that case, I have done my part as to both civility and common courtesy. If no answer, I water my horse. If someone come sup and barges in while my horse is drinking, and it causes an issue, I Will politely ask them if they could wait just a moment. Usually more than one horse can  share a trough but not always. Again, grown up people exhibiting common sense AND courtesy works.

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com