RE: [RC] [RC] FW: Fireworks as a begginer ride - RHONDA LEVINSON

I think that many people just do not know the etiquette rules for an endurance or distance ride.  For instance, I was once chastised because I didn't trade off who went first into the water with the person riding with me.  I had no clue that it made any difference who went first into the water and since she never asked to go first, I just went on my merry way.  If she had ever just asked or told me nicely there was a problem, I would have been happy to trade off.  Sometimes people just need to be told nicely (before you get so mad you end up yelling at them).  I have really appreciated the times that people have just said, "hey, it works better for all of the horses involved if you just do X, or don't do Y."

All of that said, I didn't think that the original, private post was really a criticism.  It is a valid warning that a true beginner might need.

Rhonda