[RC] LD/50's - Steph Teeter

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carrie Kitley-Jackson <nutzo4horses@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: June 24, 2008 12:01:56 AM EDT
To: steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Please forward

Steph - Could you please forward this to the Ridecamp forum for me? The email address I have listed for the forum is not one I can access from home and there is no way to reply via the Ridecamp forum listings (correct?). Sorry to bother you with this, but I don't feel it can wait till tomorrow.

To those of you in the group who responded to my observation about awards (or lack thereof) for LDs versus 50s & 100s, etc., I can see that I ruffled some feathers. It was not my intention to lodge a complaint about that or sound ungrateful. It was simply a statement of observation. I would like to apologize if I offended anyone by sounding too defensive or overprotective of the LD riders.

I admire ALL of you and what you have accomplished with your horses. I guess I was just taking a stand for something I felt strongly about and made the mistake of getting my own feathers ruffled. Bottom line is, we are all in this together, regardless of what level we are currently riding at. We are brought together, ultimately by a love for one spectacular animal and a sport we enjoy. I vote we all stick together, support and encourage each other and have one helluva whoppin' good ride in this life! Onward and forward! Thanks to all of you for taking the time to put in your advice, opinions and 2 cents. :) We're all obviously on fire for this. And that's a good thing!

~Carrie <\_~ // \\

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears."
~ Old Arabian Proverb