Re: [RC] Descanso disasters, vol 2 - Don Huston

Hello Ed,

You are right that many factors enter in and I agree that the 10min 60bpm is simple but no guarantee. What I was getting at was to use every stop to check recovery for a while to prevent a buildup of heat or stress or dehydration or whatever, sort of like a string of mini training rides instead of the big vet check to vet check push. Gives a rider a better chance to recognize trouble sooner and also learn what kind of trail and speed causes the worst recovery times for their horse. Definitely not gonna get top ten on that routine, just dinner. ;-)

Don Huston