Re: [RC] Hoof Armor - SandyDSA

This is a really informative thread and I for one appreciate all the info. I had looked into this product for my three mares who are barefoot - one completed a 25 barefoot, and the other went to her very first ever LD but stepped on herself whilst trying to find me behind a rock...:)... and so had to pull her. But not a misstep until she clipped herself spinning. I am glad none of these mares appear to require any additional hoof protection for LDs since it appears that this product might do well for some, but has to be applied exactly right, AND from the web site seemed pricey. By the time all of the info is in front of me on this, boots, the MANY MANY boots - etc., I am inclined to stay BF as long as we can, and when they need protection do the old fashioned way - plain plates. Minimal shoeing but shoeing nonetheless. So far so good over 30 plus years.

Has anyone actually completed 50 milers or more with only Hoof Armor on?

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com