[RC] Tie Systems - Angie Fura

Hi everyone - I tried searching the archives, but I couldn't come up with the info I needed.  Can anyone help me with a few questions about overhead tie systems?

I need to purchase two.  I've been looking at HiTie (Sportack), Spring Tie (equinedoc.com), and Ride N Tie (Horses Dacor).  I have drop down windows on the side where they'll be mounted.  Which is the best product for this kind of set-up?

HT and RNT look like they both will work with drop downs but HT is about $100 more expensive than Ride N Tie.  The only difference I can tell between the two is the constuction material.  Is a steel rod better than a fiberglass rod for this purpose?  Ride N Tie also has a one year warranty versus HiTie's 90 days.

Are there any other brands available?

I also would like to know if using an overhead tie means that I need to mount water bucket brackets to my trailer.  I'd prefer not to.  Is it possible to still use muck buckets on the ground?

Thanks for your thoughts.

BTW - both of my horses know how to high-line.

Angie Fura

www.tracetribute.com