[RC] Info on Oregon Horse Places - Peggy B-Smith

I am posting this for a horse-owning, though non-endurance friend.
She will be moving from California to Oregon and is looking for a nice town that is horse-friendly and that has places to ride. She doesn't ride like we do, meaning she doesn't need and miles and miles of trails - just some nice trails.

She doesn't want to have really cold winters, but doesn't mind if it gets warm in the summer. She is going to rent first before buying, so availability of rentals that either have horse facilities or have boarding stables nearby would be a plus.

Would appreciate info and suggestions from any Oregonians on this list.  You can e-mail me privately.

Thanks!
Peggy Bergman-Smith
bvsrider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx