Re: [RC] Married couples in endurance - Susan

I was an older "kid" when I started endurance riding.  I was 20 when I started.  It's hard to believe the kids are growing up.  Kat ought to still be a little mite dragging around that stuffed raccoon of hers!  Amber ought to still be knee-high and climbing aboard any horse around (OK...she's still climbing aboard any horse but now she can just jump on instead of using the creature's elbow to stair-step up).

While there are many married endurance riders, there aren't that many that ride together.  Then there are the precious few with a spouse who will pit for them!  My former didn't want to go to the farm with me so don't ask me why I married him.  THAT was stupid.

Hang on, Kat, and all the other singles in our sport.  I have found it better to be happily single than unhappily married.  My horse is probably the only guy around with enough patience to put up with me anyway.

Katrina Mosshammer <ammosshammer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been around endurance my whole life and I started competing when I was 6 or 7. This year I will be turning 30 and now I can't hardly go to a ride without being asked "Are you married yet?" to which I reply "Nope, haven't even got a boyfriend yet."

I think I'm the last of our little group of juniors that rode together that is still single.

Katrina

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan Young, ISSO Secretary, ISSO Points Secretary, Regional Representative
Your Independent Mary Kay Beauty Consultant
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)