[RC] Steroids in racing - Maryanne Gabbani

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/sports/othersports/02steroids.html?ex=1370145600&en=432efaf0f50680d6&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Apologies for the long url, but the NY Times has been running a series of very good articles on the current issues of flat track racing. I'm currently visiting my daughter in Manhattan and we may have an invitation to the running of the Belmont on Saturday. I have EXTREMELY mixed feelings about that, but we may go anyway. Hopefully, I won't have to see anyone put down.

Anyway, this particular article is on steroid use in TB racing. We have TB and Arab racing in Egypt and there are a lot of people who get horses from the track at the end of the season when owners would rather sell a losing horse than take it home...but as far back as the late 80's I was warned not to take horses from the track because of the drug use that was prevalent here.
--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face