RE: [RC] re: out of the pasture - Ginger Bill

The thing is, is that they are not being given 6 hours to complete a 25 miler. Usually they are given less then 5 hours. Ginger

From: c_collins@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] re: out of the pasture
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:36:33 -0600

I think that what "we" mean when we say any horse ought to be able to do a 25 miler "out of the pasture"... is that a horse who isn't specifically conditioned for endurance, but is ridden on trails as a part of their regular lives, should be able to do 25 miles in 6 hours.  Cindy

Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] How can I tell when horse is ready for an LD? - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson
I'd like to see the statistics of those who start a horse right out of the pasture that are still competing years down the road.

Cindy Collins