[RC] Longstreet's Charge Photos/Color Coordinated Challenge - rides2far

Man, I cannot believe we didn't get a photo...but Kara Disbrow won in almost a photo finish with Erin Champion, both concentrating on PURPLE. There were purple helmets, shirts, saddle pads, muck buckets, crew bags, Erin had purple half chaps, crop, and even showed us her purple vet wrap (OK, it used to be purple, it had been in there for a while).Both Erin and Kara had painted their horse's feet purple. Kara had her own purple cattle marker (don't remember if Erin did) but Erin had purple hair ties.  Bekki carried around a sheet of paper and pencil all day taking notes and was *very* particular. Finally Kara, who was running up front took time to prove to Bekki that she had on purple underwear. Don't know if that was the tie breaker, or if it was her boyfriend that she brought along in full purple gear, but Kara won. I was just glad it was one of them because Shelly Scott-Jones brought the award which was a purple bucket with purple brushes, sponge, sweat scraper, feed scoop, and I don't even know what else! Also, an anonymous doner provided a new turquoise halter bridle as a gift for Bekki which was a big thrill for her.  Sunday morning at Cowboy Church Bekki had on a T-shirt that someone had made for her. It said, "I believe in medicine and miracles". It was purple. I said, "You'd better watch it, Kara might mug you for that" and she got a big laugh and said, "She might!" :-)

Her family's favorite Collie had to be put down for bone cancer last week, and she starts a pretty heavy regimine of chemo & radiation in a couple of weeks. Her mom said the ride did wonders for her. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Angie