Re: [RC] [RC] Ranelle's Fellow - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Oh, good to know I am earning my pay check!  LOL!   Seriously, it was great and I didn't feel like anyone rode off and left us.  As you know I have been working on rating Valentina back for a number of months now.  She likes to get up front and stay up front, as you know!  In a two mile race NO PROBLEM - a 50 / 100 BIG PROBLEM!  If after she gets a few 50's under her legs and does well and a few 100's and does well - see can be up front all she wants as long as she can handle it.  In the meantime...we eat dust!  LOL!  And, yes, it is a beautiful site watching you and Fellow rock and roll!

I have cut back to a 25 for Mt. Diablo as you suggested Ranelle.  I don't know what the weather is going to be like.  I just don't want a repeat of our training ride on a 103 degree day!

Who else is going to Mt. Diablo?  Also, RideCampers, it is a Save Mount Diablo charity ride.  So, you can make a tax deductible contribution if you are or aren't doing the ride!  And it is closer to home than most of the rides right now.  Well, for us anyway.  I am concentrating on rides within a 100 mile or less radius of me.  I refuse to put any more gas in my truck than I absolutely have to.  Especially since diesal, at Safeway in Placerville, just went to $5.02 a gallon yesterday!  And remember don't buy gas at Citgo, Exxon or Chevron or Mobil!  I have been informed those companies control and have that ability to fix the price of gas.  Which makes wholesale prices higher to the little guy.  I'll pay the little guy prices in order to drive down the consumption at Citgo, Exxon, Chevron and Mobil.  And no the gas that they supply to the little guy are not configured in their cost analysis.  At least that is what I have been told.  Maybe someone else on RideCamp might have more pertinent information!

When the economy going into the dumpster (forget going into the tank) what else is everyone else doing, as of late, to curb expenses, in order to attend endurance rides?

D'Arcy