Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 07:15:33 -0700
From: cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Ranelle's Fellow

I can attest to the fact how well Fellow likes to open up on that flat section!  And we were going the opposite of the Tevis trail.  Before I fell apart from heat exhaustion we were on that section with Ranelle and Fellow.  Fellow opened up and left us in the dust!  LOL!  Valentina was not quite sure with all the twist and turns of the flat area so she was very cautious.  She picked and choose her place to open up.  And keeping her head down and straight was a good sign for us.  When we caught up with Fellow he was relaxed and grazing waiting for us to catch up.  LOL!

I think Valentina was a bit intimidated and embarrassed with herself.  However, it was actually nice to have her finally subordinate to another horse.  Especially an experienced horse!  Anyone gets the chance to ride along or with Ranelle and Fellow.  Take advantage of it.  They are such a delight to ride with and to enjoy watching ride!  Huge difference from our normal riding partners.  Valentina usually gets very bored waiting for her moment to pick her way through the pack and to the front.  Not so with Fellow!

Anyway, they are a great pair.  I am going to enjoy being at Tevis, on the sidelines, watching and helping where I can!

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx