Re: [RC] "Tough as Sh*t" (was: Longstreet' Charge) - FXLivestock

I guess "tough" is just a relative term just like "rocky" and "deep sand".  Maybe for this region, the trail was really, really, "tough" for the riders.

After this weekend, I have a whole new perspective on a "tough trail".  I went to do the first day of WS training run which is on the Tevis trail. We started above Dusty Corners and finished in Forest Hills. Conditions were not ideal.  It snowed, sleeted, and rained continuously for the entire run.  If you think Tevis conditions in the heat are hard try doing this in the mud after 200 runners are on the trail in wet and freezing temps.  What was muddy at the start actually turned out to be ideal after being  ankle deep sliding in the canyons and loosing shoes coming up Bath Rd.  I have never been so wet, cold, and muddy for such an extended period of time in all my years of endurance riding.  I guess for a while,  very few trails horse will seem too tough on a horse.

   It's all in what perspective you are coming from.

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648