To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:19:55 -0700
Subject: [RC] Re:[RC] need help - riding a trotting horse - Mellifluous
From: slester@xxxxxxxxxxx

Can your trainer help you with this? Most trainers are pretty interested in seeing the owners succeed with the horses they've trained. The trainer might even have a horse with a really high or stiff trot that you could ride a few times to get "tuned up" a little without endangering your relationship with your new horse.
You and your horse can only benefit if you put some effort into strengthening your legs, abodmen and lower back. google the words back, exercises, equestrians for some examples of exercises to help with the core, and step-ups are always good for developing lifting power in your thighs.
Has your trainer had your horse out on trail, or only ridden in the arena? A trail ride on your new horse in the company of your horse's trainer might be a good idea for all concerned. It'll give the trainer a chance to give you some pointers if any other issues come up the first time out and the ability to step in if some additional training is in order.
Enjoy your new horse!
Steven Estergreen

---- Msg sent via MCC Webmail - http://www.molalla.net/

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.