[RC] Bob Walz - Barbara McCrary

I first met Bob at a BBQ at Roger Ford's home in Tucson.  It was the year Roger first put on the Old Pueblo ride, probably 1982 or 1983, as I remember.  Roger had invited me to come there and ride it on one of their horses.  He said he wanted input from other ride managers, but he did a fine job without any help from me.
I bought an early design of Bob's stirrup, which is still serving our family...one of our daughters is using it on her saddle.  We have nothing but EZ Ride stirrups on all our saddles.  This stirrup saved my feet, as I began to have foot trouble after riding Tevis on a Stubben Siegfried with English irons (yes, Ranelle, there are others of us who did that before the advent of the wonderful special products designed for endurance riding.)  :-))

I never became well acquainted with Bob, but I certainly remember him from such a long time ago and will always be grateful to him for designing the stirrup that so many of us rely upon.

Barbara