[RC] diesel...yikes! - Kathie Ford

Well brace yourself, here in California it is 4.77 down the street here. In Auburn. Tevis capital of the world.

My truck is parked all week now. Luckily where I live I am about a 1.5 mile walk to the store, post office, longs, gas, church, medical; it's all there and have our own trail system. So that is a positive. Sometimes location really counts!  One of my neighbors wants to ride our horses to the grocery store! I said I'm in. But he said I was the only one in the neighborhood who responded! Still, I'd do it!  There are trails down to about 1/4 mile to the store so short distance on country road to the store!  I think it would be fun!

Also, fortunately, my hubby is a tech and he gets free recycled tranny fluid that we cut our diesel with. Truck runs better than on straight diesel.  So that cuts the price to about $2.00 a gal for us.

I ran straight tranny fluid in it once as I didn't have time to put in more diesel and drove up the Canyon into Cool. Truck was very perky. Still we cut it just to be on the safe side. Only difference is instead of some black smoke (which is very little) we get a little white if its' too rich.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else unless they had the background mechanically to keep an eye on things. But sure works and helps us out!

kathie

With Windows Live for mobile, your contacts travel with you. Connect on the go.