Re: [RC] [RC] Man o' War - Carla Richardson

This discussion has been going on within the TB racing community for the past few years, lamenting the fact that breeders are breeding to fewer stallions, that a select few stallions are getting the majority of the top mares, and they are typically the "speed horses," sprinters rather than the long distance runners, 2 miles and more.

As far as people only wanting to watch the sprint to the finish line, that may be true.  I guess I'm an oddball (there nothing new about that... :-) ha!) in that I love to watch the horses run, not only at the finish.  There is nothing so exhilerating, to me, as to watch a thoroughbred in full flight, that smooth long stride eating up the ground.  It is an awesome sight, to watch a top TB run.  It is inspiring to see those jockeys perched on top, moving in beautiful rhythm with the horse.

Carla Richardson
Colorado