Re: [RC] [RC] Perspective on horseracing - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

With this kind of attention - finally - maybe we can get back to breeding REAL TB's again!  I have had my mare, Astra (Man O War descendant) , sitting in a pasture for 5 years, in hopes of breeding for structure and not speed!  I know that sounds weird.  I will sacrfiice speed for a sound body any day.  And shame on Arthur Hancock III for compromising his Grandfather's values!  I refuse to sacrifice my Grandparent's or my parent's values when it comes to breeding sound horses.

I can just see the breeding sheds this next year!   Lots of head scratching figuring out what to do now because they have just about bred out bone and soundness!  There will be calls to some very old TB stallion owners to see what is available!  JMHO!

Perhaps - and this is a BIG perhaps - we will change the age of starting a race horse as well!  Come on, all you skeptics, one can dream!

D'Arcy